Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Bragging

I'm sitting...ok lying here after PT trying to get my body to move but not having much luck.  I guess that is to be expected with my first PT session after prolo.  I did surprisingly well during therapy but I am definitely feeling it now.

On the Dysautonomia POTS FB page this morning, this status caught my eye:
“It is important that you recognize your progress and take pride in your accomplishments. Share your achievements with others. Brag a little. The recognition and support of those around you is nurturing.”  ~Rosemarie Rossetti


This quote was very timely today.  For some reason, I have been getting a little down on myself lately.  Sometimes, I have to remind myself I didn't ask for this and it's not my fault.  Every once in a while I find everything catching up to me and taking it's toll.  I desperately want answers to the "big stuff" like going back to work and having kids, and those concrete answers just aren't there right now.  I saw Larry on Tuesday and we talked about the importance of constantly setting smaller goals to help me work towards the bigger goals, so that is what I am working hard on. 

That FB status got me thinking.  If I had to choose an achievement for today, it would be that I did an hour straight of therapy.  This hour allowed me to work all muscles groups while sitting and STANDING.  I walked out of therapy on my own two legs to my car that was not parked in a handicap spot.  I then stopped at Walgreens to pick a few things up without sitting in a wheelchair.  So there you have it~That is my bragging for the day. 

Hard work, no wheelchair, and endorphins pumping....  The sun shining through our living room window as I type....The people I have in my life who ARE so nurturing and supportive.  I am blessed.  It is a great day to be alive.     

No comments:

Post a Comment