Monday, June 20, 2011

Taken Too Soon

Michigan State University's Department of Education, the #1 teaching program in the nation, does not prepare you for this kind of thing.  Two and a half years of intensive Montessori training does not prepare you for this kind of thing.  Nothing can prepare you for this kind of thing. 

Yesterday, Tori Croff, an eight year old from Wexford died after drowning while playing in a Barry County Lake.

Tori was never a student in my class, but everyone knew the Croff girls well.  I had Tori and Josie a couple of times in an exercise class I led in Wexford's after school program.  Tori had a way of lighting up the room.  The three Croff girls always seemed so inseparable; bonded in a way that seemed so special.  I would watch them play after school and the way they interacted always reminded me of my relationship with my two sisters.  Watching the obvious love they shared for each other always made my heart smile.  Today, my heart hurts for her family; especially for those two precious girls, and her parents.  There really are no words.

Rest in Peace, sweet Tori. You are an angel and will be missed dearly.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. 

 If you are a person of faith, please help lift this family in prayer.

 http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20110620/NEWS01/306200003/8-year-old-Lansing-girl-dies-one-day-after-being-pulled-from-Barry-County-lake?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment