Thursday, November 18, 2010

11/18/10 Thankful

Today I am thankful for my diagnoses.  After many, many months I finally have my answers: POTS and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.  I am thankful that the phase of figuring out what is wrong with me is finally over.  I am thankful that it only took me 11 months to get a POTS and EDS diagnosis since it often takes others years to be diagnosed with POTS and EDS because there is not much known about these disorders.  I am thankful to be entering the second phase of this journey which is figuring out a plan of attack to learn how to become functional again and manage POTS and EDS.  I am thankful to have the opportunity to educate others about these disorders and help spread awareness.  Tonight, I am a tired girl. I'm an emotional girl. But I'm a thankful girl.

1 comment:

  1. That is such great news, Katie!I am so extremely happy that you FINALLY got the answers you sought out. Truly an answer to many, many prayers!

    As far as treatment goes, YOU CAN DO THIS! You are such a strong person, and you've got many people to support you along the way.

    Much love from the 6 of us!

    ReplyDelete